Friday, November 5, 2010

Research Assignment - Information & Subject

For my tutorial I have chosen to look at way of making Crysis Environments look more interesting and real. That is why I have chosen to demonstrate how to spawn sharks in the environment. I am aware that some people may find this irrelevant and out of context for most environments however always remember that ‘every little detail counts’. I chose this topic for two reasons, firstly the fact that I didn’t really have much time to explore vast differences in EXP1 and EXP2 due to personal reasons and secondly because after doing it numerous times myself I realised that it contains a few little aspects from lots of different items. It contains shape parameters, entity triggers, water kill events and some flowgraph work.

Although it is simple in theory it is actually very unique and different to many tutorials available. When I was searching out how to do this originally it took me ages only to find a PDF document that gave a rough overview of what to do. It is also different as it does not require a simple ‘drop in’ from the Roll Up Bar as most circumstances do.

Do this tutorial takes the user through many small features of the program while not overloading them with countless intricate details. It also allows for personal expansion and experimentation. At many of the stage throughout the tutorial the viewer could adopt their own steps or change their process in order to create something entirely different.

Overall I feel that my tutorial is great as it allows viewers to learn something interesting and fun, something that is easily adapted and something that teaches a little bits of many different aspects and features that can be used to create many wonderful and fascinating effects.

References
I must however acknowledge the original document in which I learnt how to do this. The original document is available in the filefront link. I’m not sure where exactly I received the document.

No comments:

Post a Comment